our vision, aims & values
Grafton Primary School is committed to safeguarding every child in our school.
We believe that if all members of our school community work together, we can deliver educational excellence for all our children. The vision for our school is intertwined with our core values and by our ethos - that we value every day in a child’s life, that every day, every interaction, every lesson provides opportunities for children to take ownership of their learning and well-being. Through inspirational and challenging teaching, we aim to equip each child with the skills for life-long learning, to be aware of their rights and have the courage to stand up for them and the rights of others. Our vision, aims and ethos are underpinned by the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. We aim to develop and promote sustainability and an awareness of wider global issues through our curriculum and the links made through our local and global communities. The effective partnerships we have made will continue to provide support and challenge as we deliver a curriculum that ensures children are moving onto their next venture with the skills and values to set them on the path to achieving their dreams.
- To promote equality and respect for all
- Prepare children for life in modern Britain and promote core British values (the rule of law, democracy, respect and tolerance, individual liberty)
- Promote Community Cohesion and encourage cultural and religious literacy
- Serve the community and provide a bespoke education which meets the needs of children and families
- Provide the best academic education possible
- Provide opportunities for all and in doing so, develop every child’s unique talents
- Provide a safe, happy and caring environment
- Empower children by teaching them about their rights
- Equip children with life skills and provide high quality spiritual, moral, social and cultural education
- Through ‘character education’, produce happy, healthy, emotionally literate and resilient children who are able to thrive now and in the future
Be true to yourself, have courage to always do the right thing.
Give friendship and a helping hand to all.
self-respect and self-worth
Be honest with yourself, and others.
For yourself, others and the environment.
Ask questions, explore and learn.
Work hard and be resilient in the face of difficulty.