Homework will be set on the school website this year; it will consolidate the previous week’s learning and is for all children. Home learning is just for children that are self-isolating/quarantining. Homework books will be sent out and are not to be returned to school.
Weekly homework will consist of:
- Reading at least 3 times a week (recorded in Reading Records)
- Spellings (on the Spellings tab)
- Maths task
- Quiz of the Week
Children can practise their spellings, complete the Maths task and answer the quiz questions in the homework book. The answers will be posted the following week so that parents and children can self-assess their answers at home. Please remember not to return the homework books to school.
If you have any questions for the Year 6 team, please feel free to email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Christmas Holiday Homework Answers
Christmas Quiz Answers
Round 1: Nativity
1. Which angel visited Mary? Gabriel
2. What was Joseph’s occupation? Carpenter
3. How many gifts were brought to baby Jesus by the wise men? 3
4. Where was Jesus born? In a stable in Bethlehem
5. What did the wise men follow to find baby Jesus? A star
Round 2: Christmas carols
1. Which Christmas carol demands figgy pudding? We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. On the first day of Christmas, what does the true love give as a gift? A partridge in a pear tree
3. Deck the halls with…? Boughs of holly
4. Dashing through the snow, in a…? One horse open sleigh
5. Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock…? Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Round 3: Santa
1. Where does Santa live? North Pole
2. Who makes Santa’s toys? Elves
3. What is Santa’s saint name? Saint Nicholas or Saint Nick
4. How many reindeer does Santa have? 9
5. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and, of course, Rudolph
Round 4: Christmas general knowledge
1. Which country does the Christmas tree tradition originate from? Germany
2. Who invented the Christmas cracker? Tom Smith
3. Which meat is traditionally eaten on Christmas day in the UK? Turkey
4. How many days are on an advent calendar? 24
5. Which plant that is associated with Christmas, has bright red berries and spiky green leaves? Holly
General Knowledge Quiz Answers
Round 1: Music
1. Who had hits with ‘Lego House’, ‘Sing’ and ‘Photograph’? Ed Sheeran
2. Who had hits with ‘What Do You Mean’ and ‘Baby’? Justin Bieber
3. Who had hits with ‘Roar’ and ‘Chained To The Rhythm’? Katy Perry
4. Which group had hits with ‘Black Magic’, ‘Wings’ and ‘Salute’? Little Mix
5. Which famous TV duo had a hit with ‘Let’s Get Ready To Rumble’ in 1994? Ant and Dec
Round 2: Sport
1. Which stadium is home to Liverpool F.C? Anfield
2. What is the name of the famous tennis tournament which takes place in London every year? Wimbledon
3. Which sport uses stones? Curling
4. What do the initials GA stand for in netball? Goal Attack
5. In Rugby Union, how many points is worth a try? 5
Round 3: Geography
1. What is the capital of Sweden? Stockholm
2. What is the name of the world’s highest mountain? Mount Everest
3. Madrid is the capital city of which country? Spain
4. Which world continent begins with the letter E? Europe
5. What is the capital city of Australia? Canberra
Round 4: Television
1. Thomas the Tank Engine is engine number 1, but who is engine number 2? Edward
2. In which year did Coronation Street begin? 1960, 1970 or 1980? 1960
3. The following people, Matt Smith, David Tennant and Peter Capaldi, have all starred as the main character in which TV series? Dr Who
4. Finish the name of a popular TV series: The Great British ___ ___. Bake Off
5. Which TV show’s famous catchphrase is: ‘Keep Dancing!’ Strictly Come Dancing
Maths Code Breaker Answers
1. He’s a fun-gi!
2. Nothing, you run away!
3. He nose a lot!
4. At the snowball!
Knowledge Organiser - World War 2
Please take a look at our Knowledge Organiser which tells you lots of interesting facts about our History Topic World War 2.