PE and Sport Premium Funding
|Article 24 (health and health services)
Every child has the right to the best possible health. Governments must provide good quality health care, clean water, nutritious food, and a clean environment and education on health and well-being so that children can stay healthy. Richer countries must help poorer countries achieve this.
What is the Sports Premium?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
In cases where schools don’t follow year groups (for example, in some special schools), pupils aged 5 to 10 attract the funding.
The high level changes are that from September 2017:
- Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1000 per pupil; and
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Purpose of the funding
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that we use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
How we are spending the sports premium?
Grafton Primary School uses the sports funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that we offer.
This means that we use the sports premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers.
- Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
We use our funding to:
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers.
- Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions.
- Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games.
- Run sports activities with other schools.
Please see the attachment below with regard to how we spend our Sports Premium funding.