Year 1 Homework
Homework is for all children and consolidates the learning that children have covered in class each week.
Weekly homework will consist of:
- Maths or Literacy task
- Quiz of the Week
Children can complete the Maths/Literacy task and answer the quiz questions in the homework book. The answers will be posted the following week so that parents and children can self-assess their answers at home. Please remember not to return the homework books to school.
If you have any questions for the Year 1 team, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Homework books will be sent out and should not return to school.
Week beginning 14.12.20
This week your homework is to write a set of instructions to make a sandwich. Think about the instructions to make porridge that we wrote in school last week.
Use the following headings;
How to make a sandwich
You will need:
Here you need to write a list of everything you used. Try to add an adjective to some of the items (e.g. a butter knife, 2 slices of brown bread)
What you need to do:
Here you need to include numbered instructions of what to do. Use time connectives (first/then/next/after that/finally) and bossy verbs (wash/get/put/cut/chop/spread etc).
At the end, try to add a reminder (e.g. Don't forget to wash up when you've finished or next time try using cheese instead of tuna.)
Don't forget capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
Last Week's Quiz Answers
1. There are 11 (0+10, 9+1, 8+2, 7+3, 6+4, 5+5, 4+6, 3+7, 2+8, 1+9, 0+10)
2. December, January, February
4. The angel, Gabriel told them
5. Little Red Riding Hood
This Week's Quiz
1. 9 - 6 = ?
2. Name the three things associated with Winter.
3. What do we call the following words; run, wash, sit, get, turn and eat.
4. In the nativity story, how did the 3 wise men find the stable where Baby Jesus was born?
5. What fairy tale has a girl who kisses a frog?