Annual Statement of Governing Body
Our Mission Statement
Grafton Primary School is a Local Authority Maintained school which seeks to build a closer partnership with parents and the local community.
We work hard to provide an environment which is secure, stimulating and happy, and where everyone is appreciated and enabled to become the best they can be.
At Grafton Primary School we believe that equality should permeate all aspects of our school life. We encourage all to have respect for each individual and to be honest and tolerant. Everyone at our school should feel safe, secure, valued and of equal worth.
The Governors at Grafton Primary School recently reviewed the aims of the school and core values at their Away Day. They also agreed their strategic aims for the school over the next few years as follows:
- Ensure a sustainable budget for the next three years.
- Ensure financial health and value for money.
- Embed and develop PACE school-to school partnerships (and potentially consider becoming an academy and joining a Multi Academy Trust in the future).
- To become a centre of excellence for academic education.
- Further strengthen leadership and management (with a specific focus on succession planning).
- Continue the systematic capturing of stakeholder views and incorporate views to inform school improvement planning.
- In response to the needs of our pupils, improve/increase:
- SMSC Education
- PSHCE Education
- Character education (personal development).
- Community Cohesion
- Extra curricula and enrichment activities
- Achieve UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Gold Status.
- Work further on community and parental engagement, including offering a range of courses (language, safeguarding, basic skills).