reception News Story 08.02.19
This week has been a very exciting week in our year group.
Reception children have been really enjoying our refreshed outside area. They have been using it very sensibly and carefully.
On Tuesday,5th February Chinese people around the world celebrated The Chinese New Year which is also known as the Spring Festival so in Literacy we have been reading books about the Chinese New Year, we made decorations, we've listened to Chinese music and we've learned the Dragon's dance.
Did you know that 2019 is the Year of Pig?
The Pig is the twelfth of all zodiac animals. According to a myth , the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. Pig was late because he overslept.
In Chinese culture , pigs are the symbol of wealth. Their chubby faces and big ears are signs of fortune as well.
In Phonics we've learned two new sounds: 'f' and ''ff'. Help your children to think of and write words beginning with these sounds.
This week in Maths we've revised methods and strategies we've learned so far to help us to:
- count objects from a group to 20 (and beyond).
- Order numbers on a numberline 0-20 (and beyond).
- Say 1 more/1 less than a given number to 20 (and beyond).
- use quantities/objects for addition – adding two sets to find a total to 20 (and beyond).
- use quantities/objects for subtraction – adding two sets to find a total to 20 (and beyond).
- understand the concept of doubling and to double a number to a total of 20 (and beyond).
Just a reminder... Trip to Valence House as part of our Topic learning !!!
Wednesday, 13th February-Red Class & Yellow Class
Thursday 14th February -Green Class and Blue Class
Children will participate in a workshop , a story telling sessions and a local museum trail. The trip is an all day trip starting at 9:20am-2:15pm so the children will need to bring a packed lunch .
Have a lovely and restful weekend!