Dear Parents / Carers
Due to the Covid alert level moving LBBD from tier 1 to tier 2 from Saturday, 17th October, we are reinforcing stricter rules to ensure we keep the whole school community safe and prevent a school closure.
- Children should not be on scooters or bikes on the school playground.
- The climbing frames are out of bounds before and after school each day. Please do not allow your child/children to climb on this equipment.
- Do not stay and chat with other parents/carers on the playground or outside of the school gates.
- Barking and Dagenham Public Health Authority states is that all adult visitors are requested to wear face coverings on the playground, inside the school building and at the school gate. This is due to the rapidly rising numbers of Covid-19 within the Borough. We have noticed a growing non-compliance with this, particularly in the KS2 playground. When coming to, in or around the school, please wear a mask.
- Despite the shift from level 1 to 2, attendance at school will still be mandatory. This means the usual rules on school attendance will apply and as of Monday, 19th October anyone arriving after 9.05am, will be considered late.
If you are late, respect the other parents and children and please join the queue. It is not our intention to keep you and the children standing and waiting in line, we work as quickly as possible to have the children safely into school. School staff are on the gates to support parents / carers and children and have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
We should be able to do our jobs without the fear of being physically or verbally abused.
All cases of physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated and will be treated very seriously. The offending individual will be asked to leave the school premises or vicinity immediately, the police will be called, and you will be barred from the school.
We are trying to ensure we keep the whole community safe and prevent a school closure.
New guidelines given by Barking and Dagenham Public Health Authority is that all adult visitors are requested to wear face coverings on the playground, inside the school building and at the school gate. This is due to the rapidly rising numbers of Covid-19 within the Borough.
We are trying to protect the whole school community and want to prevent a community outbreak that will force us to close bubbles or sections of the school.
Please see the parents tab- Covid-19 information for more details.
Keep our community safe
Thank you for supporting the safety measures we have in place at Grafton Primary School. We must all work together to stop the spread of coronavirus, keep each other safe and avoid another lockdown.
Visiting our school site
When dropping your child off, or waiting to pick them up, you must:
- wear a face mask (unless you are exempt from wearing one)
- stay at least 2 metres away from others
Do not send your child to school if:
- they are showing coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- someone in their household is showing symptoms
Please also self-isolate yourself and your family for the advised amount of time if you have just returned from a country on the Government’s quarantine list.
Arrange a test only if you or your child develops symptoms and please inform us of the results.
We thank you for your cooperation in this and your continued support through these difficult and ever-changing times.