YEAR 6 LEAVERS FESTIVAL
Dear year 6 parents and carers,
It's so wonderful to hear that most of Year 6 students will be coming back for our Graftonbury Festival! If you haven't yet replied it's not too late. Just a reminder that ALL children are invited – whether they are currently in school or are still staying at home – we would love to see everyone to say goodbye!
We wanted to give you more details about the Year 6 Leavers festival and what you can expect on the day.
- Children are welcome to come in their festival outfits - the brighter the better.
- We would also like to invite children to wear face painting if they wish.
- Please ensure your child(ren) are wearing sensible shoes.
- If your child is currently coming to school, we are happy for them to leave at 12.00pm on the day of their festival, so that they can go home to get ready before it starts at 2:30pm.
- However, if your child is in school but would rather stay until the festival starts at 2.30pm, then of course they can! They are welcome to bring a change of clothes and get ready safely at school.
- We ask that children who are not currently attending school arrive no earlier than 2:30 pm.
- Remember – the festival finishes at 4:30pm.
What you can bring (not essential)
- It would be great if children could bring a picnic blanket/camping chair (Please avoid anything that needs to be assembled) so that your child has something to sit on when they are out in the playground.
- If your child requires an epi pen or asthma pump please ensure they have it on the day.
Food and Drinks
Food and drinks will be provided at the festival (free of charge) following strict government issued guidelines.
If you would feel more comfortable providing your child with their own snacks then please feel free to do so, but please ensure these do not contain nuts.
We ask that you remind your child not to share anything food or drinks brought in from home.
There will be several forms of entertainment on the day, including music and some sporting activities.
We would like to remind you that the festival will finish at 4:30pm.
Please remember to follow the social distancing guidelines and markings when collecting your child(ren) at the end of the festival to ensure the safety of all.
If your child will be walking home alone after the festival, please message your child’s teacher on Weduc or email email@example.com to give consent.
As a massive thank you to all of our Year 6 pupils, we will also be handing out leaver’s gifts for all children at the end of the festival.
We hope to see everyone there so that we all have a chance to say goodbye!
The Year 6 team.