phased reopening of the school
We are really looking forward to welcoming back Reception children to school on Monday 29th June. Following a significant amount of work since the announcement by Boris Johnson we feel our school is fully prepared to partially reopen for Reception children. We have continually stated that our priority will always be the safety of all our children and staff followed by the academic education of all our children. Year 6 children and Year 1 children are currently attending school until 2pm daily. Please read the information below as it contains some important details about the reopening of our school for Year 1children.
- Year 1 children returning on Monday must enter the school through the main gates on Becontree Avenue. A member of our Senior Leadership Team will be at the gates to greet you. Parents will not be able to enter the playground in the morning. If you are collecting your child at the end of the morning you will need to stand outside the entrance on Becontree Avenue to our school. A member of our Senior Leadership Team will be available to guide you.
- As parents may need to wash the clothes that children wear to school daily, we have relaxed the guidance regrading school uniform. Children should wear a white polo or tee-shirt, grey/black shorts, trousers, tracksuit bottoms or skirt. Children may wear shoes or trainers of any colour. However, children are also very welcome to wear their normal school uniform.
- All children will need to bring in their own water bottle. Please do not send children with a school bag or PE kit. Although there will be PE sessions during the week children will be able to take part in the PE lessons in the clothes that they are wearing to school
- We will always be following the two metre social distancing guidance in school. Please spend a little time explaining to your children the reasons for this procedure. The playground and corridors have also been prepared to ensure children are able to keep a safe distance from each other.
- Individual packs of resources including pens, pencil and reading books have been prepared for children. Please make sure your child does not bring any equipment from home to school.
If you require any further information please contact the main office.